Small Launch Vehicles Workshop
in partnership with NASA
hosted by the Aerospace Corporation
El Segundo, CA
Are you developing small launch vehicles, components or subsystems?
Are you an SLV launch services provider?
Are you interested in SLV opportunities with NASA and other government agencies?
The Technology Collaboration Center will hold a workshop on Small Launch Vehicles (SLV) on September 24, 2018, hosted by The Aerospace Corporation in El Segundo, CA, in partnership with NASA.
This workshop will cover:
- NASA technology development initiatives aimed at helping industry achieve potential for small-launch technology maturity and orbital capability
- Complementary DOD/USAF initiatives
- NASA’s Launch Services Program (LSP) Venture Class Launch Services (VCLS) acquisition plans
- Existing FAA/AST launch license application process and new performance-based licensing process under development
- Aerospace Corporation’s technologies of interest to the small launch community
There will also be an opportunity for attendees to provide feedback on NASA’s current investment focus and potential additional NASA initiatives to help achieve orbital small-launch capability, through a group discussion session or one-on-one meetings.
This workshop should be beneficial for United States small launch vehicle, component or subsystem developers or SLV launch services providers.
Please visit the TCC’s website to register for the workshop. To participate in this workshop, attendees must register and purchase a ticket prior to the event.
Tickets for the workshop are $50, and are on sale through Wednesday, September 19. A limited number of late registrations may be available, starting on September 20, at $150 per ticket, until the event is sold out.
This workshop is only for US companies or organizations.
Details on the workshop, including the final agenda, presenters, and workshop location will be provided to registered attendees.
7:00 Networking Breakfast
8:20 Introduction by NASA
8:30 NASA Small Launcher Capability Development Efforts
Funding Sources (ACO/TP, SBIR/STTR, …)
Technologies: Autonomous Flight Termination System,
Affordable Vehicle Avionics, Advanced Manufacturing
Small Vehicle Launch from NASA Ranges
9:30 Networking Break
9:45 Air Force Small Launch Vehicle Systems
Acquisition Plan for Small Launch Missions
Space Flight Worthiness
National Security Space Needs
10:45 Technologies of Potential Interest to SLV Community
Emerging Tools, Technologies & Processes
Space Ventures Coalition
12:00 Box Lunch (included)
12:30 Review of Attendee Responses to SLV Survey
(optional survey to be sent to registered attendees
prior to the workshop)
1:30 FAA/AST Licensing and Technology Research
2:30 Networking Break
2:45 Begin One-on-One Meetings
2:45 Tour of Aerospace Facilities
Propulsion Research Facility
Spacelift Telemetry Acquisition & Reporting System
From 6:30 to 9:30, there will be an optional
no host casual networking social & dinner
Workshop sponsors are provided recognition at the workshop, on the TCC's website and in the TCC's marketing materials. Four sponsorship levels are available:
- Diamond [$2,000]: sponsor for the entire workshop. Workshop marketing will indicate the workshop is "sponsored by ..." and can participate in the Welcome Remarks at the workshop. May have a banner, table and/or materials at the registration desk during the entire workshop, and will receive 4 complimentary workshop tickets.
- Platinum [$1,500]: sponsor for lunch; can make brief remarks prior to the lunch break. May have a banner, table and/or materials at the registration desk on that day, and will receive 3 complimentary workshop tickets.
- Gold [$1,000]: sponsor for the breakfast, morning and afternoon breaks. May have a banner, table and/or materials at the registration desk, and will receive 2 complimentary workshop tickets.
- Silver [$500]: sponsor for a single morning or afternoon break. May have materials at the registration desk, and will receive 1 complimentary full workshop ticket.
Please contact the TCC for more information on sponsorships. Sponsorships can be purchased through the TCC's online store.
Workshop Program Committee (*=TCC member):
- Lk Kubendran, NASA*
- Ronald Litchford, NASA*
- Robert Seibold, Aerospace Corporation*
- Ronald Young, NASA*
- Robert Unverzagt, Aerospace Corporation*