IoT & Cybersecurity Workshop
January 17, 2019
hosted by Ecolab
Are you developing IoT or Cybersecurity technologies or solutions?
Are you looking for IoT or Cybersecurity solutions or collaboration partners?
The Technology Collaboration Center will hold a workshop on IoT (Internet of Things) & Cybersecurity technologies on January 17, 2019, hosted by Ecolab in Sugar Land, with presentations on the latest technology developments or unmet challenges.
This workshop will include presentations across multiple technology sectors, including energy, life sciences, space, manufacturing, smart city & smart home, which may come from companies, startups, universities, research institutions or government labs.
Presentations may cover sensors, applications, power, connectivity, development tools, cybersecurity, RFID, packaging, asset tracking, big data, AI, 5G connectivity and other topics related to IoT or cybersecurity. Any organization can request an opportunity to present their latest technology advances or unmet needs in this area.
The four scheduled presentation panel sessions are:
- Sensors: Electronic sensors for enabling the performance, efficiency and/or remote monitoring of IoT applications
- Long Range, Low Power, Wireless Connectivity: infrastructure to connect multiple devices across medium to long distances
- Low Power Sources & Geo Tagging: Low cost power sources for remote sensor operations, and the latest advances in low-cost geo-tagging devices, essential in many industries for remote sensor operations
- IoT Cybersecurity: Securing remote and distributed devices & data from cyber-attacks, intrusions and malware
- 8:00 Networking Breakfast
- 8:30 Welcome & Announcements
- 8:45 Presentation Panel: Sensors
- 10:15 Networking Break
- 10:30 Presentation Panel:
Long Range, Low Power, Wireless Connectivity
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:30 TCC Overview & Collaboration Requests
- 12:45 Presentation Panel: Low Power Sources & Geo Tagging
- 2:15 Networking Break
- 2:30 Presentation Panel: IoT Cybersecurity
- 4:00 Adjourn
TCC workshops are designed to explore potential relationships with others attending the workshop that may have common interests in the workshop topic area.
If your organization is interested in IoT or cybersecurity, please register for the workshop or request an opportunity to make a presentation.
Tickets for the workshop are $100. TCC Members get a 50% discount. TCC Individual Memberships can be purchased for $150, which includes a ticket to the workshop and discounts on TCC workshops for the next year.
Details on the workshop, including the agenda, presenters, and workshop location will be provided to registered attendees.
Please contact the TCC about submitting a Collaboration Request or for workshop sponsorship opportunities.
IoT & Cybersecurity Collaboration Requests:
Any organization can submit a Collaboration Request to the TCC related to IoT or Cybersecurity, and have the TCC highlight that request at the workshop and on the TCC's website.
The TCC waives normal program fees for all Collaboration Requests submitted in conjunction with a TCC workshop.
For more information on submitting a Collaboration Request, please contact the TCC.
Workshop Program Committee (*=TCC member)
- Pavel Dutta, University of Houston*
- David Horsup, Ecolab*
- Gahangir Hossain, Texas A&M-Kingsville*
- Roozbeh Jafari, Texas A&M*
- Anh Mai, Ecolab*
- Ram Pispati, KBRWyle*
- Mike Yuen, Foxconn