IoT & Cybersecurity Workshop
January 17, 2019
hosted by Ecolab
Are you developing connected devices or remote sensing technologies or solutions?
Are you looking for solutions or collaboration partners?
The Technology Collaboration Center will hold a workshop on Connected Devices & Remote Sensing technologies on January 17, 2019, hosted by Ecolab in Sugar Land, with presentations on the latest technology developments or unmet challenges.
This workshop will include presentations across multiple technology sectors, including energy, life sciences, space, manufacturing, smart city & smart home, which may come from companies, startups, universities, research institutions or government labs.
Presentations may cover sensors, applications, power, connectivity, development tools, cybersecurity, RFID, packaging, asset tracking, big data, AI, 5G connectivity and other topics related to IoT or cybersecurity. Any organization can request an opportunity to present their latest technology advances or unmet needs in this area.
The presentation panel sessions are:
- Sensors: Electronic sensors for enabling the performance, efficiency and/or remote monitoring of connected devices & remote sensors
- Long Range, Low Power, Wireless Connectivity: Infrastructure to connect multiple devices across local and medium to long distances
- Low Power Sources & Geo Tagging: Low cost power sources for connected devices & remote sensors, and the latest advances in low-cost geo-tagging devices, essential in many industries for remote sensor operations
- Software, Data & Security: The software, data handling, and security required to implement and integrate connected devices & remote sensors
- 8:00 Networking Breakfast
- 8:30 Welcome & Announcements
- 8:45 Presentation Panel: Sensors
- 10:15 Networking Break
- 10:30 Presentation Panel:
Long Range, Low Power, Wireless Connectivity
- 12:00 Lunch
- 12:30 TCC Overview & Collaboration Requests
- 12:45 Presentation Panel: Low Power Sources & Geo Tagging
- 2:15 Networking Break
- 2:30 Presentation Panel: Software, Data & Security
- 4:00 Adjourn
TCC workshops are designed to explore potential relationships with others attending the workshop that may have common interests in the workshop topic area.
If your organization is interested in IoT or cybersecurity, please register for the workshop or request an opportunity to make a presentation.
Tickets for the workshop are $100. TCC Members get a 50% discount. TCC Individual Memberships can be purchased for $150, which includes a ticket to the workshop and discounts on TCC workshops for the next year.
Details on the workshop, including the agenda, presenters, and workshop location will be provided to registered attendees.
Please contact the TCC about submitting a Collaboration Request or for workshop sponsorship opportunities.
Connected Devices & Remote Sensing Collaboration Requests:
Any organization can submit a Collaboration Request to the TCC related to connected devices or remote sensing, and have the TCC highlight that request at the workshop and on the TCC's website.
The TCC waives normal program fees for all Collaboration Requests submitted in conjunction with a TCC workshop.
For more information on submitting a Collaboration Request, please contact the TCC.
Workshop Program Committee (*=TCC member)
- Vittoria Balsamo, Ecolab*
- Pavel Dutta, University of Houston*
- Mark Gribbons, Gensler
- David Horsup, Ecolab*
- Gahangir Hossain, Texas A&M-Kingsville*
- Roozbeh Jafari, Texas A&M*
- Anh Mai, Ecolab*
- Ram Pispati, KBRWyle*
- Mike Yuen, Foxconn